Need some Help - 747 vs 288 PCM and Need 4.3 CPI Parts/Diagram

LarryK5907 at aol.com LarryK5907 at aol.com
Fri Sep 8 00:48:00 GMT 2000

Guys:

I was scratching around the boneyard the other day in the lookout for some
4.3 CPI parts. Good luck.

I found a 91 Astro AWD, with no motor or harness. HOWEVER...there was still a
PCM in it, and I figured I might have struck paydirt. However, in
retrospect...I think not :(

I have a 16144288 PCM AUMH out of it. Looking through the FTP sites, I find
that this was primarily used on  90+ TBI motors. If so, how is this PCM
different than a '747? Faster? Pinouts different? Any ideas?

On another note, if anyone has, or can get, a 1992-93 CPI harness/PCM from an
Astro, I would be much obliged.  I am having zero luck locating one around
here. I also need a 92 CPI wiring diagram if anyone has one of these. I have
a vortech intake, heads and harness from a 97 4.3 if anyone is interested.

If you happen to come across an overhead console for the same Astro van (with
the compass/temp), I'd be VERY happy ;)

Finally, I went through all of the PROMS I have laying around and did an
inventory of them. I had a guy at work read them for me, although I still
have no idea how to read the PROMS in the '730 mem-paks. Any ideas? I am
going to upload a .zip file to the FTP (_Misc Bins from LKurek.ZIP) server
with the .bin's I have, along with a readme file (_Misc Bins from LKurek
README.txt) that describes the broadcast codes on the PROMS, PCM they came
out of, and application. Some are unknown, so if anyone has one of those
nifty Snap-On reference books, and can help me fill in the data...sweet!

Geez...this is one rambling e-mail ;)

Thanks in advance!

Larry