use of MAP in FI calcs

Heelandtoe at aol.com Heelandtoe at aol.com
Fri Sep 8 01:17:52 GMT 2000

I've noticed that in most ECM's all the tables that use MAP as an index  stop
at 100 kPa.  Since its conceivable that MAP could go above 100 kPa on a high
pressure day at WOT, I'm betting that the computer normalizes it with the
barometric pressure as in mapbar = 100 * map/baro. This would account for the
day to day variation in barometric pressure and normalize mapbar so that it
better represents true engine load.  Have you guys seen any similar
operations in your disassemblies?
jc