Need some Help - 747 vs 288 PCM and Need 4.3 CPI Parts/Diagram

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Sep 8 09:02:37 GMT 2000

LarryK5907 at aol.com wrote:

> I have a 16144288 PCM AUMH out of it. Looking through the FTP sites, I find
> that this was primarily used on  90+ TBI motors. If so, how is this PCM
> different than a '747? Faster? Pinouts different? Any ideas?

It's not a PCM.  It's just a '7747 ECM with newer software.  Would you
be willing to follow a painless procedure to read out the ROM of your
16144288?  With a ROM image, someone could disassemble it and find out
how this ECM is really different from a '7747.

> I had a guy at work read them for me, although I still
> have no idea how to read the PROMS in the '730 mem-paks.

Get 28 really long 0.025" square pins.  Stick one end into the holes of
the MEMCAL plug.  Do this on the end with the EPROM.  You'll have two
rows of 14 pins in the plug.  Now bend the pins into a zig zag shape so
that the other ends form two rows 0.6" apart.  Insert those into the ZIF
socket of your PROM burner.

You don't have to use loose 0.025" pins.  You can use a double row wire
wrap header instead.  The archives mention a Digikey part number.