Getting started

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Fri Sep 8 15:25:32 GMT 2000

Scott -- the new FAQ lists all the hardware you need to get started
burning proms.  Basically it's a burner, eraser, and adapter if you are
using a P4 ECM.  You'll probably also want a scanner, there are a number
of freely available ones that use a PC, look at the "other gmecm related
pages" section of the gmecm page.

--steve

Scott Pearson wrote:

> I've been reading this list for the past couple of
> months and now have some spare cash to get started.
> Laptop is on it's way, so what do I need to start
> playing? For now, I'll be experimenting with an 88
> Olds Trofeo as I'm putting the rest of my 79 Z-28
> together. Where do I get the special cables, software,
> hardware, chips, etc? I've picked up bits and pieces
> here and there, but it seems I really need to start
> digging into it to understand everything. Any help, on
> or off list would be appreciated!
>
> Scott Pearson
> EE Student
> ex-auto technician (just play now)