scope - was Dumb ALDL Question No. 432

Shawn R. Lin slin01 at mail.orion.org
Sat Sep 9 02:15:48 GMT 2000

KasaRyan at aol.com wrote:

> The best deal going right now is a 2 channel 20Mhz scope for 229 from
> radioshack for business website - dont have the url handy.

I bought a Tektronix TWD120 100MHz 2-channel digital storage scope for
$160 shipped on Ebay.  Only catch is it must be hooked up to a Windows
PC with SCSI port, because it uses a window on the PC for its display
output and also to control the scope.  It's a very nice scope, and the
scope itself is rather small with the footprint of a laptop.  Waveforms
can be saved to file so they can be emailed, displayed on the web, etc.
Mine came with power cable, SCSI cable, SCSI terminator, carrying case,
and two brand new Tek probes.  They are (or were) sold on Ebay rather
regularly, many selling for the starting bid of $150.

Shawn