3300 dis = 3800 dis?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Sep 10 04:12:41 GMT 2000

there are several different count crank sensors 3-18-24 as I recall.
I'd imagine as long as you stayed in the same family you'd be OK, however I
don't know the splits on the years used.
Bruce

Got a question for the group.  Is the DIS that's used on a 1989
Buick 3300 engine the same one electrically that is used on a
Buick 3800 engine?  A friend of my son's has a 89 Buick which
has a problem which sounds like a bad DIS, I have a spare DIS
from a 90 Old's 3300 that I would like to swap in.  As I remember
the wiring harness to the DIS's appear to be identically "pinned out"
except for the added crank sensor on the 3800 DIS. Comments?

thanks,

dave garnier