Tuning - Fuel vs. Spark, questions

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Sun Sep 10 18:18:05 GMT 2000

I've finally got the Olds setup running to the point that I'm starting to
do some tuning.   I'm using AUJP as a base.   I've got idle and cruise
setup pretty good, but now am trying to figure out light acceleration.

How do you know when it's time to start tweaking the spark advance instead
of fuel?   Under light acceleration (1600-1800, 65-75kpa range) I can't
tell if I should be tweaking fuel or timing - BLM's are around 120-123, but
it doesn't pull smoothly.

BLM's at cruise are right at the magic 127-128.

Also, why in WinBin are the columns for fuel at 1600rpm so different from
the lower and upper tables?

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com