More tuning questions- 4.3 TBI

Reid Bishop rbish at ibm.net
Tue Sep 12 03:40:17 GMT 2000

Okay folks- I have read all the Programming 101 stuff, all the tips, and
still don't understand a few things.  Here is what I have gleaned:

1)  When looking to change the VE tables, one should look for the Integrator
values to hover around 128, then read the BLM's at that time.  Now, do low
BLM's mean lean or rich?  What about high BLM's?

2)  Overall, my data captures indicate I have low BLM's (around 114) at low
MAP/RPM combos, and high BLM's (Around 141) at higher MAP/RPM combos,
especially at WOT.  My O2 readings are constantly swinging back and forth
(often wildly), except at WOT, where the O2 is pegged at near max mv.  Is it
normal for highly swinging O2's?  And should I expect it to be pegged out at
WOT, or can I get it back down somewhat?

3)  Being at high altitude, I am certain I need more timing.  I rarely see
bumps in the knock counts, and think I need to at least get closer to 'the
edge'.  Agree?

4)  	Does anybody have a chart that relates MAP mV to MAP pressure?  I
haven't seen anything, and want to begin changing the VE tables at the
proper MAP settings relative to my data captures.  This is a 7747, with AKDX
calibration (4.3, 700R4)

5)  Given that I have pretty low BLM's at low RPM (including idle), would
that explain the very rough condition I run into at just off idle and low
MAP?  It's very irritating, and I'm wanting to fix that problem first.

I have a really descriptive Excel chart if anyone wants to take a look... it
graphs MAP, TPS, RPM, O2 mv, Integrator, and BLM together.  It's a bit
confusing to me, but maybe you "Pros" can glean the basics from it.