GM's move to CalPaks

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Tue Sep 12 17:19:32 GMT 2000

In general...  P4 ECMs use CalPaks and the 8192 baud rate.  C3 ECMs are
160 baud and bare EPROM.  There are exceptions, like 1227748 which is P4
but uses a bare EPROM.  But in general that's the rule.  You can check
Ludis' site to see what type of ECM a particular part number is.
www.cruzers.com/~ludis, bookmark it.

165 appeared in 86, but C3 ECMs were in use at least to '93, and
probably later than that.  Ludis' WWW page goes to '93 under C3.  Just
depends on the ECM.

Here's a question:  Is there a V8 P4 TBI ECM (no transmission
functions)?  From Ludis' page it looks like 16147060 might be the thing
(91-93 truck 5.7 V8 TBI "K"), but I don't know if those had a 4L60E or
not.  I'm confused because later manual trucks (94-95) apparently had a
C3 (16171199)?  Why would they go from P4 back to C3?

yes to all 165 ECMs using a calpak.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet