TBI injector pulse width range

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at home.com
Thu Sep 14 00:02:52 GMT 2000

Stock 7.4 BBC 2bbl TBI as an example......... 1.0-1.5ms at warm idle and
5.5-6.0ms at full boogie (synchronous mode).  Available synchronous PW
headroom shortens quickly as RPM climbs, due to the fact that each injector
must typically fire twice per crank rev (ie: only 6.0ms between successive
injects at 5000).  Forcing asynchronous mode, through the software will
change the period between successive injects to 12.5ms regardless of RPM
(time based fuel rather than REF pulse based).

Walt.