Another strange injector question

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Sep 14 15:31:10 GMT 2000

You mentioned a 9th injector, so I quess the system is a port style v-8?.
No way to fire 8 P+H using a stock gmecm.
If this port type, then just switch the injectors and go with a 730 IMO.
(leaving the 9th disconnected)
The resistor idea in my opinion is just a bandaid approach.
If you want to try driving them with an external board and a series of
Cherry Injector Drivers that would be one work around.
Bruce

I'm still looking at using the stock Rover (Lucas/Bosch) manifold, fuel
rail, TPS, temp sensor, and, possibly, injectors with a '747 ECU.  I think
it can be done and for the TR world would be a very nice setup.
When I asked before there was a lot of discussion regarding saturation vs
P&H injectors.  I'm trying to determine which type the Rover unit
uses.  Electrically they have a resistance of 2.8 ohms and are wired with a
6 ohm current limiting "ballast" resistor in series with each one.  Each
injector has its own drive transistor (notorious for failure in these
systems).   To me this looks it might be set up to use P&H injectors in a
saturation mode.  The Lucas/Bosch ECU is a very primitive analog unit that
uses a vane type air flow meter.  Lucas specs the normal pulse width range
to be 1.5 ms to 10 ms.  The stock system operates as a dual bank with each
bank firing once per crank revolution (this amounts to a fuel pulse every
other ignition event).  Cold fuel enrichment is via a 9th injector operated
like a central port setup.  My attempt will be to have the injectors fire
every ignition event a la '747 if they are indeed the fast P&H type.  With
a little tweaking of BPW and async timing this should work and will
effectively almost double the fuel delivery capacity of the injectors.
Any comments?
Also, is it true that on the '747 V8 TBI the injectors fire alternately on
every ignition event except in async mode?
Thanks,
Scott
PS - thanks to all who have responded to my other strange injector
questions.