Diagnostics

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Thu Sep 14 19:56:37 GMT 2000

Craig Marcho wrote:

>and a zoom of the bad part:
> http://members.dencity.com/marcho/images/badecm2.jpg

I have a box of 1227808s that go to limp-home mode after
running fine for various periods of time, if only they
each had an identifiably bad part!

Which raises a question:

By inspecting various disassemblies, I've noticed that
(some) BINs have the ability to download code into RAM
and execute that code via ALDL commands. I assume that
there is therefore a (PC or otherwise) based program
that loads various diagnostic routines into the ECM and
can (maybe) determine what's broken.

Anyone know anything about this?

Peter