TBI throttle bore restriction

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Sep 17 03:28:28 GMT 2000

Before you do anything, get some way to test your theories, ie a G-Tech or
something.
Then begin trying things.  Often with gm it takes numerous changes to really
add up to much.   I've tried a ton of things that looked like they should
have really helped and lost HP.  The seat of the pants game is a no win
situation.

Just as an example.
Made a new cone for a IAC on a 747 equipped pick up, so as lessen it's
effect on idle.  Worked like a charm at idle, but quess what?, It cost 3 MPH
on top end.
Ya, right who'da thought.
Bruce

Anyone know what the purpose of the umbrella shaped shroud is surrounding
the
injector discharge on a 5.7L GM throttle body (1989 K1500 truck)? My hunch
is
that it keeps the spray pattern from collapsing under high airflows, but I'm
not even sure if that would matter. Can this shroud be removed without any
adverse effects? It would have to improve the flow of the stock throttle
body.
Thanks,
John Wilson