4.3L Throttle body and ECMs

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Mon Sep 18 21:05:25 GMT 2000

Anyone know the diameter of the bores on a stock 4.3L V6 throttle body and
what size stock injectors are used? Also, can an ECM from a 4.3L vehicle be
used on a V8? I checked Ludis site and it only lists 4.3 V6s and 4 cyls. for
the ECM in question. Does that mean there are no calibrations for a V8 for
this particular ECM? I would think that the calibration would have to be
factory V8 in order to account for the V8 reference pulses from the
distributor.

Anyone ever tried to bore out a 4.3 throttle body to make it into a 5.7 TB?
Looks like it would work to me.

Thanks, JW