4.3L Throttle body and ECMs

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Tue Sep 19 23:32:00 GMT 2000

-> > Anyone ever tried to bore out a 4.3 throttle body to make it into a
-> 5.7 TB?

 Is this a year/model thing?

 The throttle body from a '93 4.3 Astro van is the same as the holes in
all the 350 TBI intakes I've ever seen.  When I helped convert a van
from a 4.3 to a 5.7 recently we just popped new 5.7 injectors into the
4.3 throttle body, which matched the manifold gasket just fine.

 The 2.8 V6 has little bitty butterflies.