MAP sensor location

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Wed Sep 20 03:07:14 GMT 2000

  A solid mounting as close to  direct manifold  vacuum source as practical
, FWIW  ,TBI , wet  manifold  need a little
distance to avoid getting fuel into sensor. TPI , MPI etc,  Dry Manifold ,
close as you can get. Production locations vary per
specific engine design , which are usually well placed in normal usage.
Avoid snuggling up to an EGR feed orifice in plenum.
  Look at a TBI setup , then Look at an LT1.    These are suggestions.

   Len