Promgrammer an JRE

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Sep 22 02:18:34 GMT 2000

I spent a lot of time trying to make Promgrammer work on my pc.  I
found that Promgrammer98 wouldn't work with the JRE's that were
available for download.  Someone (you know who you are) was kind
enough to send over a copy of JRE 1.1.7B.  That version is uploading
to /incoming as I write.

Having the correct JRE is no guarantee that Promgrammer98 will work.
There's a few folks here that will agree with that.  I spent much time
working out the command line for my Promgrammer shortcut.  Here's what
I have:
C:\Jre\1.1\bin\jre.exe -cp C:\Promgrammer98\swingall.jar; -cp
c:\Promgrammer98\p98.jar; Promgrammer98

This is all on one line.

 This is what I found to work on my machine.  You can see the
directories where Promgrammer98 and JRE are installed, and I'd
recommend matching this to begin with.  After that, you're on your
own.

Remember:  Past failures are no guarantee of future success.

Shannen