Fw: LT-1

Chipsbyal at aol.com Chipsbyal at aol.com
Sun Sep 24 14:26:48 GMT 2000

Bruce, the 8051 PCM is not as friendly as some of the other ECM's we're used
to, as far as the A/C system is concerned. It (F-Car) relies on a high
pressure side pressure sensor. This in turn with an evaporator temperature
sensor controls the compressor clutch and fan relays. To duplicate this R134a
system isn't the easiest to do. Since the A/C codes don't illuminate the SES,
I just hardwire the A/C as I want and use redundant relays to operate the
fans for condenser cooling. This keeps the PCM from setting fan relay codes,
which keep them on for the key cycle.
AL