7747 tuning again

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Sun Sep 24 18:09:59 GMT 2000

Bob,

I raised the BPW constant to 140 since the engine has 10 more cubic inches
than a 350. I used Tunercats equation with a 5.9L vs. 5.7L engine. As for
EGR, I raised the TPS% EGR ON to 99.9% and the EGR OFF to 99.2%, or something
real close to that. I realized after I sent this post that I haven't checked
the fuel pressure under load, only at idle. I figured that idle was the worst
case for the regulator to handle since it is bypassing the most fuel at this
condition, but I realized that I could have a stuck regulator bypassing too
much fuel under load. Its a stock regulator and the PSI is too high so maybe
there is something wrong with it. As for AMC engines being gas hogs, does
that mean the brake specific fuel consumption of 0.45 is not vaild for an AMC
engine, since that would account for high fuel use with less power output?

I'm not sure what you mean about adding one table at 30% and the other at
100% and only getting 100%. If my main fuel table was at say 70% at 3200 RPM,
and the adder table at 100% at 3600 RPM, shouldn't I get the equivalent of
170% at 3600 RPM? My problem was not knowing what 170% is. If the VE tables
are turning on the injector at its maximum rate at 100%, 170% means nothing
from a fuel delivery standpoint, right? But this is a moot point since I am
not reaching 3200 RPM on the hiway. This engine seems to be a low RPM mule.