7747 tuning again

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sun Sep 24 22:55:45 GMT 2000

The real test is how much fuel the pump can move. If it can't provide
enough fuel, pressure will drop, then injector flow drops. The higher
the pressure the pump is required to maintain, the less it will flow.

The VE tables: I'll use straight decimal numbers here. The max VE value
is 255 (a byte). Each table has a lookup done, with the results of the two
lookups added together. This value can not exceed 255 (that's 100%).

If one table has 255, and the other has 30, the result is 285, which can
not be stored in a byte. The software checks for this condition, and if true,
will set the VE to 255 (100%).

If one table has 155, and the other has 30, the result is 185, which can
be stored in a byte. The end VE value will be 185 (72%).

BobR.