7747 tuning again

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Mon Sep 25 05:36:32 GMT 2000

At 10:21 PM 9/24/2000 EDT, you wrote:
>One last thing, I noticed a random skip at about 70 MPH coming back. When it
>started to skip, I noticed my scantool randomly reporting engine speeds
>around 5000 RPM. Is this possibly due to having the ECM mounted in the heat
>of the engine bay? Or rather am I getting some EMI from the GM ignition
>module mounted only inches from the ECM?

I just had this with my '730 setup, TCC lockup would osscillate for no
reason.  Turned out to the heater fan wire right next to VSS wire was
causing it.  Hadn't had the heater turned on yet until last night -  how
many has this been covered here, yet I wired right into it...

All grounds good?

-> Bob