Reading hex

Shawn Lin slin01 at mail.orion.org
Mon Sep 25 06:25:41 GMT 2000

Kevin R wrote:

> OK, not to be totally ignorant, but decided to try my first venture into
> working with bins outside the safety of Winbin/tuner cat etc.
> I decided to look for the EGR shut off listed in one of the 747 post listed
> at 0x1b3. Opened up my hex editor and not surprisingly am lost and don't see
> a grid intersection of 0 and 1b3.
> OK, when you quit laughing, what am I doing wrong?

I think 0x1B3 is the same as $01B3.  I think the 0x is the same as
"hex"?
Okay, I'm just guessing, but I've seen the 0x notation before.  In the
context of that notation, it seemed to be nothing more than an
alternative to the dollar sign.
I hope I'm right, because I'll be the one invoking laughter if I'm not.
;)

Shawn