Gar or Bruce..exotic fuel AFR question.

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Sep 26 20:40:01 GMT 2000

I wouldn't count on it.
No sure about how much But, your going to probably also be changeing the timing.  Nitro needs like a 2 day head start on ignition.  Then again a 2% charge might not matter much, but I wouldn't asume anything.  If max HP is at 12.5 then I would also get a EGT there, and be damn sure to get best atmospheric data available, and use all that when tring even a *short* load of Nitro.

Folks really tend to forget gasoline is about like playing with dynamite, and when you get to Nitrometh, nitro propane, hydrazine, and this other stuff your in the world of nuclear devises.
Watch a top fuel or funny car in early season testing, them boys been at it for years, and start way down on the base cals  when cranking up a new combo / season.

Personally, after having the EGT, AFR, and climate stuff, I'd probably start out with 4 degrees les timing, and at least 5% rich on fuel, and short shift it, and see what things are like (plug wise).
Then see what the AFR read, and start tuning from there, again, that's what I'd do, no quantie, or waranty implied ot expressed, racin inheitanty dangerous yada yada
Bruce