ALDL Stuff the ubiquitous connector

Mike kswayze at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 29 04:52:27 GMT 2000

I got my Max232 interface working tonight, and used the 165ecmv3 from
incoming (with a 2.5L s-10). the data was coming thru, but the values were
erroneous and scrolling thru the various labels. I guess I need to do a
little digging (and rewriting.. thanks Craig and Andrew). the note at the
bottom said 22mhz(i think..I'll have to check it again this weekend)

I found a couple of radio shack parts that allowed me to fab-up a two piece
connector.
--274-226      6 conductor male molded nylon connector (2@ 1.39ea.)
--278-317A    flat pin connectors (4.99? this store only had the gold plated
ones(lost the receipt))

I put the flat  pins in the 'wrong' side of the male connector (biased to
the outside of the connector) and it fit like it was supposed to. I did have
to use a razor knife to shave the bumps off of one side of each connector. I
used solid copper telephone wire and 2-56 screws in the flat pin pieces  and
jammed them into the nylon pieces. A piece of  stiff(velcro)  tape holds the
6-pin connectors together to make 12.

Peter, you need to add Dell NL25 (386SL) to the list of laptops that do not
have enough power to run the MAX232 interface. Thanks for having your
webpages. and yes a 9volt works just fine.

I have a copy of the turbop4 document which references a large chunk of aldl
parameters, and within a month or two (hopefully) should be able to get some
useful output from a variant of Craigs 165  v3 aldl program. any insight
here would be a blessing.

getting time to hit the archives again. would any of the 808 references be
valid for aldl data logging?

byE
Mike
Swayze