3.4 dohc o2 sensor and spark plugs

John Martin gm.man at gte.net
Sun Apr 29 19:13:11 GMT 2001

> My brother has a lumina withone of these engines and the o2 sensor is bad.
> It looks like such a pin in the ass to get to that it is just staying bad.
> We would also like to change the rear plugs and would really like some
hints
> of how to do this.  Local shops want 64 bucks to do it. eegads!

If its a 96 or newer  X ,the upper plenum must be removed, no other way to
do it.  95 and older, tilt engine forward, remove rubber seal on firewall,
should be straight shot with a socket. I've even seen guys notch the
firewall seam (it's covered by rubber seal you remove). I'd never do that,
nor recommend it but was sure glad someone else did. Also have seen guy
remove upper "dog bone" and use a floor jack under the engine to tilt
forward. Good luck. The X-motors will make you earn your money...O2
sensor,(sensor 1 ) drop the engine cradle 4 inches in the rear. Be very
careful when you lower the cradle, any more then 6 inches or so you need to
separate the rack from the steering column or when your done you will not
have any steering.. It gets even better after that..

JTM

----- End of forwarded message from owner-gmecm at diy-efi.org -----