desktop dyno!

Flanagan, Steve Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Thu Aug 2 16:30:12 GMT 2001

If I have data logged info for my car (G's, RPM, Driveshaft) can I calculate
the HP and Torque curves from this info.

The only problem is we launch the car between 5500 and 6700 and obviously
the G's are the highest right at launch, so the G's do no show a true
representation of where max torque occurs.  Maybe the RPM acceleration rate
can be used for HP and then TQ can be backed out from that?

Does anyone know what I can do to determine where I am making max Torque and
max HP and what the curves should be, or is there not enough info (on the
lower RPM scale) to get this info.  RPM range of pass is from 5200 to 8600
+/- 500 RPM.

thanks

steve

 -----Original Message-----
From: russell quenneville [mailto:russellquenneville at msn.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 3:07 AM
To: Gmecm at Diy-Efi. Org
Subject: desktop dyno!

I am writing a message to see if I can find someone with the Desktop Dyno
2000 software, and is willing to share it with me.  I am trying to dial in
my engine and I would like to see where roughly the torque and horse power
is so I can tailor the fuel and ignition curves.

Thank-you....
Russ Quenneville.

  _____

<http://explorer.msn.com>