laptops and my status

Adam Chant adam at mysaturn.com
Fri Aug 10 06:25:43 GMT 2001

Yes, I have seen some real stupid people on Ebay. I think that most of the time
people get caught up in the bid game and forget about the real street price
of items.

I'm a MAJOR proponent of the Laptop route. I have a serious fear with flashing
an EEPROM and just trying it out. In my case I not only have to flash it, but
I also have to first de-solder it and then re-solder it back on the board. Oh,
and the fact that no one has any info on it yet.
I only have 3 PCM's right now 2 of which are for vehicles that I'm driving and
the other is an OBDII that is supposed to be 'open'. It was taken from a GM
test vehicle that had some serious modifications including this tweaked PCM.
I can't just visit the junkyard and expect to find some PCM's and the Dealers
wont sell one without a VIN attached.

Communicating with the PCM via the ALDL cable is the only real long-term solution.
I have the cable and standard diagnostic software that I use for all of my testing,
but that doesn't exactly have the ability to d/l the bin. I know that the Terminal
at the Dealer can, but I'm not sure if it's a complete or just the parts that
are modified like Tire size and vehicle configuration. (I'm looking into this
right now.)

If I get a bin from the OBD port will it be the same as the one that I have
from the EPROM already? Is the IO different? I have never tried to look in to
how EASE software speaks to the PCM via the OBD port.
Thank you for all of your help so far and I planned to post the bin file, but
have a little issue with its location. I’m going to get another bin with my
EPROM reader and information you all have provided as to the program to use
and post that ASAP.

So, did anyone figure out that this is for a Saturn?

-Adam
SCDYNE (http://www.scdyne.com)
SaturnCharged by Powerdyne Technology