laptops and my status

Adam Chant adam at antelecom.net
Sat Aug 11 07:01:57 GMT 2001

>I still want to know what you used to create the fancy picture

I opened the original image into Corel Photo Paint 10.
1. Masked off a group of rectangles
2. Selected the Glow plug in
3. Used Text tool to place the letters over each area.
That's it. I think it used to be a plug in from Eye Candy 3.0, but it's part
of the Corel Effects now.

>A socket won't fit on the board? Looks like a standard 32 pin DIP?
I'm I that lost? Aren't we talking about the 28 pin DIP at location "A"?

AL,
Thanks for the input on the dealer computer. Saturn has only 5 or so inputs
available through the SSS programmer; VIN, Odometer, Tire Size, Engine
model, and Transmission. I hoped that the process of reprogramming the PCM
required the removal of the entire contents of the memory. I assumed this to
be the case from the instructions on the procedure used to maintain the BLM
and vehicle specific information.
Unless you are in Canada, Saturn parts are not available through other GM
dealers. Saturn uses a unique inventory control system and 99% of the parts
are shipped from Spring Hill TN where they are housed. I would be surprised
if you could get anything though a regular GM dealer in the US. Thank you
for the attempt.
I think that I have a source for PCM's, but I'll have to see.

Are you also saying that it's not going to be easy to get any configuration
data from the serial pin on my OBD port without providing valid security
bite data?

-Adam
SCDYNE (http://www.scdyne.com)
SaturnCharged by Powerdyne Technology