Netres availability

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Mon Aug 13 14:50:16 GMT 2001

In a message dated 8/13/2001 9:55:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
slowfatslug at hotmail.com writes:

> After swapping '165 back in, timing was rock steady and eng. ran
>  smooth...What in the '747 would make the timing jump around like that?  Is
>  it necessary to have a knock sensor hooked up?  I had the error code
>  disabled in the chip...There could also be a difference in my distributor
>  the 747 is unhappy with...

I've only losely been keeping up with this thread, but just disabling the
error code is not enough. You have to zero out the knock retard tables if you
don't have an ESC/knock sensor installed. Otherwise, you may get constant
knock retard.

I don't know if this is relevant, but there is a 1227730 based 2.0L TBI
wiring diagram on the GMECM site under 1227730. It is DIS based though which
may be a problem, or it may not. I haven't played with DIS yet.

JW