DIY WB update

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Mon Aug 13 16:52:32 GMT 2001

Just as a note, I did some lookup on the sensor itself. I found them at the
original suggested site (hondaparts.com I think?) for $230. Being as I'm a
hobbyist like most of the rest of us, it's a bit cost prohibitive at that
point. However, after some digging I found that Napa has a "no-name" brand
(I've never heard of it) for $114. That's a little closer to my price range
for this item. The brand name is "Beck Arnley" and the part number is BA
1564015. (Can someone double-check this and make sure it's the right
sensor?)

BTW, does anyone know what *size* the WB02 sensor itself is? Where can you
get bungs for it?

Also, can the sensor be placed anywhere in the exhaust - or does it need to
be located near the headers? I ask because I'd like to make a "portable"
sensor unit that I could transfer between cars. (Possibly at the tip of the
exhaust?) Otherwise I need to find a bung-plug to fill in the hole when I'm
not using it. (I'm probably going to be using it to tune my carb'd cars as
well as my FI car.)

So is anyone going to be building 10-LED meters for this? I might build a
20-LED version; if I do build one I'll post the schematics/etc.

"The Third" Ken Kelly