DIY WB update

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Tue Aug 14 03:13:24 GMT 2001

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:14:04 -0500 jll at edge.net (John Lamb) writes:
> Ok Bruce,
> I have lurked here long enough to know that you are pretty sharp
> guy.
> I also have lived long enough to know that no one has all the
> answers.
> So why are you coming off as being such wise ass here?
> Is it because I ask you to reset yor clock so your email doesn't
> keep
> going to the bottom of everyone's Inbox?
>
> I know we (hope we) are talking GM ECM's ;^).
> That is why I was talking tuning optimum for open loop.
> Using the WB as monitor.
> I obiviously know that you can't hook straight in to the the
> ECM/PCM.
> So what ya say we get off to a new start?
> Regards,
> JL

Oh no, I was afraid of that. I guess I too played the wise-ass in
mentioning the ECU's need of the NB. Don't take it personally, really;
sometimes you have no idea where the other person is coming from. I
didn't know if you were *tuned* into the open-loop part of hwy cruise, so
I'm sorry if I or others sounded like we were trying to *talk down* to
you. Especially me as a neophyte. Wow. That wasn't the idea at all AFAIK.
I wanted to get at the bottom of what you were thinking when you said the
WB & NB needed to be real close to each other.

Like you say, lets get off to a *new start* and talk about the details.
You must know by now that Bruce tends to be pretty terse with his
gather), I guess you maybe get used to short sentences? Don't we all have
to be pretty *adaptive* to each other anyway? I recognize your moniker
JLL now from a quick search of the archives, and like Bruce, I now
realize you're not a newbie like myself, but since you're experienced at
this, how about you just take the *manly* turn, and ignore any snits, and
pass on to the subject?? Uh?

I would really *love* to hear the discussion that could come out of this
thread. How about it, JLL? Could you please answer my questions in the
thread, I mean any ones that might have merit? Tnx and sorry for any
presumption. Not intended at all.

Brian