Test of DIY-WB

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Thu Aug 16 20:31:19 GMT 2001

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:35:24 -0400 "Flanagan, Steve"
<Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com> writes:
> I am confused why this will not affect the pre made board group. On
> that board, don't you have to still parallel the resistors?

Ahh, I should have been less terse and more clear. What I meant was, a
typo in that "Note:" wouldn't cause an error in the board layout, because
that 5W resistor shows needing to be mounted on the heat sink, so it's
not really intended to be on the board, nor would something piggybacked
onto it to trim it to just the right R value, if I read the print right.
The text file also suggests the same thing. But you're right that
pre-made board or not, if it's a typo like I suspect, then everybody
would need to pay attention to it.

Let's wait for BobR to have a look and explain what's up. I would expect
that the reason the 6.8ohm R doesn't show up in the parts list is that
the parts list is created automatically directly from the schematic, and
the 6.8ohm R isn't really a part in the schematic. HTH.

Brian