V6 Vortec to V8 Vortec Conversion

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Thu Aug 16 21:44:59 GMT 2001

     Most Wrecking yards supply the Vin from the vehicle of which the PCM
     was removed. With the Vin you can obtain all  vehicle information,
     including the correct information to program a new  Key Decoder Module.
     Powering up the PCM and plug in a Tech2 to request Vin ID and Calibration
     ID. You can enter the Vin on GMs Cal ID site as well to get the latest SW
     Update information. Unfortuantly Most Manufacturers and Techs are
concerned
     with Vin Tampering Statutes in force . This can be a sticky issue. FYI.

     All it takes is knowing the right people , with the knowledge and
appropriate
     Hardware. Note that GM Tech2 and GM Software allows this on a 1 Shot
     basis , so all ducks must be in line. I'm not at liberty to supply any
additional
     information  on the subject. Hope this is helpful to you.
     LT1_Edit works on LT1s. *)
     Len