GMCKS

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Thu Aug 16 22:02:25 GMT 2001

Programmer wrote:

> How about something that takes all known methods for checking/calculating a
> checksum in the 'bin', and compares the calculation against the actual
> numbers in the bin-and offers a suggested checksum ? Then calculates and
> updates as the user indicates ?

Sure, give me "all known methods .." and I'll do it .. <g>.

But seriously, I don't want to make a tool for "dummies" who aren't
prepared to do their homework, so I'm hesitant to offer a "maybe"
CRC solution - better no solution than one that's not correct. OTOH,
as you suggest, some information can be inferred from a BIN, and that
could be used to suggest a CRC, with the user having ultimate control.

So, send those "all know methods" to:

   mailto:peter at techedge.com.ausubject=All_Know_GM_CRC_Methods

Peter.