V6 Vortec to V8 Vortec Conversion

Eric Bryant BRYANTE at ghsp.com
Fri Aug 17 13:38:44 GMT 2001

> From: Len Sabatine [mailto:sabatine at epix.net]
> Subject: RE: V6 Vortec to V8 Vortec Conversion
>

>         The ZZ3 shaft in an LT1 is indeed a good choice. A
> Vortec 350 Truck
>          Engine and PCM are different in how they'll respond
> to 050 cam
> duration.
>          Depends on how everything is prepared and the
> overall combination.
>          Compare apples to apples rather than  to tomatoes.

Hey, man, I just said that the ZZ3 worked well in my LT1.  And if a ZZ3 is
going to cause calibration problems with the Vortec EFI, then I hope someone
really has fun with the LT4 HOT cam :)

I agree that the PCM and induction are different on the Vortec, but the
cylinder heads and compression ratio are pretty close to the LT1, so I'd
expect that a ZZ3 would work very well at producing good power throughout
the rev range, while still retaining good drivability.  It's really quite a
mild cam - my car pulls about 18" of vacuum at idle - but still can let a
350 breathe up to about 5800 RPM or so.

Eric Bryant
mailto:bryante at ghsp.com
http://www.bryantperformance.com