Netres availability

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Aug 13 16:39:10 GMT 2001

Shannen Durphey wrote:

> I posted a list of ecms used with the 2.5 tbi engines.

The problem is that not a one of them uses a removeable netres/CALPAK
that could be plugged into a 1227747.

> ECM/PCM: ECM #01225570
> ECM/PCM: ECM #01225610
> ECM/PCM: ECM #01226100
> ECM/PCM: ECM #01226156
> ECM/PCM: ECM #01226864

The above five are hardwired for the 2.5 (and 1.8).  (BTW, I have mask
ROM dumps of all of these.)

> ECM/PCM: ECM #01227165
> ECM/PCM: ECM #01227727
> ECM/PCM: ECM #01227748

The above three use a MEMCAL which includes a netres along with the EPROM.

Just about the only netres option for this application is the netres
from a 1226867 (which runs a 2.0).  The '6867 is a single injector TBI
ECM - sort of the single injector version of the '7747.  Note that the
'7165 replaced the '6867 in some vehicles.

As long as you stay out of limp mode, a '7747 netres has three resistors
of interest.  One announces to the CPU that the netres is plugged in.
One announces to the limp home chip that the netres is plugged in.  And
the third one switches the injector hardware between firing both
injector outputs together, or firing them seperately.  Note that
software also has to reprogram hardware to properly change the injector
firing.  I don't know of the '6867 netres has this same pinout or not.