SAE J1850

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Mon Aug 20 21:12:22 GMT 2001

Len Sabatine wrote:

>      SAE has a manual , HS3000. It defines SAE J1850 including GM VPW.
>      Unfortunately there's no Public information available with respect to
>      Manufacturer Specific codes. The publication is 99 Pages and comes
>      in at about $100. A Good book for building scan tools, etc.
>      There's some very generic information on Fed EPA web site.

HS-3000 is more like 400 pages for the latest version (1999) as it's
a living document and changes with additions (like CAN).

Phillip Murphy wrote:

> I am looking for information on SAE standard J1850 mostly GM type B.

What exactly did you want to know? Alex Peper http://www.obd-2.com/ has
the most "free" info, and as mentioned here recently, Circuit Cellar
http://www.circuitcellar.com/ ran an article last year on OBD-II.

Peter.