CAN/1850 Interface ?

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Tue Aug 21 05:47:49 GMT 2001

At 10:37 PM 8/20/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>Has anyone used or familiar with this product ?
>
>http://www.intrepidcs.com/neovi/
>
>It looks like something that could be interesting. You can Transmit and
>Receive data on your cars network. This is how the TechII reflashes the ROM.
>If you can communicate on the network I assume that you can send the correct
>signals to pull the ROM analyze it and then change it. Let me know what you
>all think ?
>Or if I'm headed in the wrong direction. I just want to be able to tune my
>car after I super charge it, and I'm not stopping till I learn how "In
>theory" to do it. Let me know what you all think.
>
>-Phil M
>98 Z28
>P.S.
>Let me know if these are irrelevant questions. I'm trying to gain an
>understanding of my cars computer

    Your questions are not irrelevant , however , the Hardware and skills
    to accomplish what's being indicated is no trivial undertaking.
    It's fairly easy for GM's Technician Terminal or Tech2 to Upload new
    firmware, they designed the system. Downloading the contents of the
    flash [ Which GM doesn't support ] is another , differing procedure
from  Upload .

    Len