7747-4cyl experiment

Dan Griffin slowfatslug at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:00:27 GMT 2001

> > snip<  What is probably happening is that only two of your cylinders are
> > getting a fuel shot and the other two are just tagging along.>
> >
> > wouldnt I be able to see this? with timing light hooked to coil, pointed
at
> > tbi, injector fires everytime light shines...shouldnt it be spurt spurt
> > then 2 dead spurts?
>
> Should be every other one.>

I should be able to see that with light hooked to each plug wire one at a
time, right?

< I'm also wondering if the netres you are using
> is convoluting things.>

Its very possible, with the 4.3 calpak in, truck belches black smoke..never
thought to check timing or fuel spray pattern at the time...

< What happens with an 8cyl netres?>

Good question, Id almost be willing to bet money it would work though, esp.
if it were from a 305 and cyl sel. set to 4...

<The rock steady and climbing to 16 deg is good. I don't understand the 0
deg & 6 deg under the differing conditions. I'd expect them to be the
same. >

Could also be a diffrence in distributors...Today, Ill see if parts store
has v8 and 4 cyl dist. in same store, and go stare at em a while...

<If you are looking for hacked 4 cylinder files, I am not sure which
fourcylinder you are talking about, as I am here in 'mid conversation' I
would try this website : www.geocities.com/jeremygonyou

He had a sunbird 4cyl turbo, he does eeprom editing and hacking, he may have
some info listed on his site for his Sunbird 4cyl.  Try there, and good
luck!>

Id guess that is a mpfi system and incompatible with my single injector tbi,
but ill look into it later, thanks...
Dan