ALDL-OBD route

Adam Chant adam at antelecom.net
Wed Aug 22 17:57:34 GMT 2001

OK, I'm trying a more softer approach to getting the bin from my car now. I
have written a VERY poor program to try and obtain data via my OBD port, but
I think I have the requests all wrong and the one's I have working are
returning unknown information.
Does anyone have any suggestions on
1. The best piece of inexpensive software that will let me try out a bunch
of things.
2. An idea as to what I need to send to return info other than the chatter?
3. If it's possible to do a dump because of the GM Key/Password bit>
4. What the heck all this is, besides the obvious.
Chatter: 0xF0 0x56 0xF4 0xC6 (while car is on)
When using FreeScan v2.0.6 I got further than I could with my own program.
When I selected "GM 1994 Camaro Z28 - Impala SS - Corvette(LT1)" it returned
results to the log file. Here's the file
online.(http://www.scdyne.com/tech/OBDPCM/details/sc2.txt) There are other
random Log files in there too that I took from other programs I found
online, but the FreeScan returned the most results so far.
I also tried PCMCOMM, but forgot that it had multiple panes and didn't see
if anything was returned when I tried it on my laptop.(Small Display) It was
late last night... I'm going to take a stab at the "Dump Memory" command
again later.
Thanks for the help,
-Adam