Humidity & engines

rr rrauscher at nni.com
Thu Aug 23 12:40:59 GMT 2001

(sorry about changing the subject line, lost it somehow)

Ok, go to: http://naca.larc.nasa.gov

and get report #426: The Effect of Humidity on Engine
Power at Altitude. Then look around some more (don't
forget to come up for air!)

Humidity and water injection are two different things.

BobR.

Barry Tisdale wrote:

> I cannot believe all the speculation & theories on this
matter - has there
> been NO authoratative work done on this since Sir
Whatshisname did some
> research 50 years ago??  It can't ALL be proprietary &
unpublished info!
> Water injection is too widely used to be just a black art
w/o any actual
> data supporting just what it does.
>
> Enquiring minds want to know......the data.....the truth
is out there.......