DIY-WB Output Voltage Scaling

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Sat Aug 25 14:40:03 GMT 2001

     Taking note of commanded AFR, It's just that , Commanded in the Narrow
     NB O2 stoich "window". Changing this narrow commanded range would no
     doubt be a good deal of work to get it right.
     In WOT mode , having the latitude to actually compensate and control AFR
     versus the fixed 128 # may offer rewards. In a manner of speaking ,
adding
     another Intergrator for WOT operation , using the WB input.
     Getting the PCM to alter it's thinking in this area, could be
difficult , it's ignoring
     O2 corrections and using WOT table lookup.
     Now . if your PCM has a setting for TPS-WOT mode , it's easier to
accomplish
     changes necessary , but with very cautious Monitoring of EGT.
     FYI , the LS6 C5 PCM does WOT AFR control, of which , I'm sure the code
     has been altered to accomplish this.
     Most ECU's are doing the same operations, at different addresses and
timing
     routines per ECU's. This is where "same thing , but only different "
enters .

     With the tools and talent of the Diy-Efi membership in collective
effort, amazing
     things are possible. IMHO.
    Len