94 Buick LaSabre Hi Idle and no Speedometer

Russ & Renee Pelfrey russrenee at prodigy.net
Sun Aug 26 19:02:53 GMT 2001

I have a 94 Buick LaSabre 92k miles 3.8L engine, OBD-1 compliant but with OBD-II Connector.  The pin outs used in the connector are 4,5,8,9,14,16.

Problem:

Last week the Ser. Eng. lamp came on and the speedometer stopped working along with the cruise control.  Also, the engine idles very high.  prob. at about 3k rpm.  I have replace the VSS to no avail. Please advise, I don't want to pay $600 for 30 min and a $50 part.