Turbo V8

Mark S. Riley turbotuneusltd at triad.rr.com
Sun Aug 26 21:01:46 GMT 2001

Been about 3 years now. 355 cubic inch Chevy with tuned port intake manifold
in a '85 Monte Carlo SS with a 73mm C&L mass air meter, A3M1 302 Ford ecm,
30# injectors, headers and dual cats. Put the Ford distributor top 1/3 on
the Chevy base, 2/3 and then had to move the #1 indicator window to the
other side of the gap on the trigger wheel cause the rotation on the Chevy
is backwards from the Ford. Put the Ford IAC on the bottom of the plenum
last year, before that, had a tapered screw to set idle speed with. Worked
great. With Flowmonsters it sounds like a big 5.0. At highway speed with
200R4 overdrive, no convertor lockup and 3.73 gears has been knocking down
24-26 mpg for several years. Neither Mustangs or Camaros like it at WOT.
Mark