Turbo V8

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Mon Aug 27 16:01:26 GMT 2001

At 7:30 AM 8/27/01, brettd at texan.net wrote:
>my big question is where can i get/make an exhaust manifold
>for the turbo's?? I can fab the cooling and oil lines.  As
>well as run the intake piping and exhauset but i still am
>trying to figure out the exhaust manifold?
>
>Brett
>86 Trans

If you can find a cast one, have it coated with HPC's "extreme duty" coating.

As for fabrication--321 SS tubing TIG welded with 347 SS wire is the only
way to fly. Flanges are best done from heavy (MIN 3/8", better 1/2") carbon
steel plate. Weld the 321 tubing to the carbon flanges with 308 SS wire.
All of the welding is best done with a full inert gas purge on the inside
of the tubes.

Expansion joints are _important_! Slip type joints work well for this.
Rolled 321 SS expansion bellows material (which can be used to cover and
seal slip joints) is available from industrial piping specialty outfits
such as Hy-Span.

See <www.burnsstainless.com> for more info.

Greg