Turbo V8

AntiVenmVette007 at aol.com AntiVenmVette007 at aol.com
Tue Aug 28 20:54:57 GMT 2001

In a message dated 08/28/2001 1:38:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
nacelp at bright.net writes:

> Pick said turbo, hold at arms reach, and shake it for a while.  It takes a
> stout manifold to support that weight.
> Unless you going racing, no need for a twin set up.  You can go way faster
> then the oem vette chassis was ever meant to go, with a single.  You'll get
> real familiar with axle U-Joints.   Plan on some serious engine compartment
> venting.
> Bruce

  Agreed. Twin is way to much. But much more easier than plumbing one turbo
on a V8 in my opinion. I plan on running very very small Turbos. Like off a
1.8L  4 cyl. or smaller stock vehicle. This is more of a curiosity
experonment then a race car. I want super fast spooling as i plan to make
this a torque monster and plan on no more then 6000rpm rev limit, to optimize
the characteristics of the L98's TPI power band. I wish to achieve around
500hp ATRW for nothing more then just enuff rump to smoke C5's and run in the
11 sec or so mark.

    I have done alot with engines but never like this, and thats why im on
this list. Trying to not only learn how to tune ECM's (anyone have Dia Com 4
sale??) but to convert NA ECM's to work with Forced Induction and NOS
systems...
    Justin(Rak'n the brain trying to absorb binary by osmosis)P