Translator and OBD2 Scanmaster (was Re: Turbo V8)

Phil Hunter ilphayunterhay at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 14:43:53 GMT 2001

> From: "Bruce" <nacelp at bright.net>
[snip]
> For those not into rewiring ecms or having the
> software expertise, it takes a Translator.
> It converts the frequency range of one MAF to the
> other, so far it's a Turbo Buick item only.
Old info, my unit has a switch for V6 or V8. For
those interested, you can find more info at:
http://www.ramchargers.com , custom parts...MAF
translators...

I just noticed they've come out w/ a ScanMaster for
OBD2. The original ScanMasters read the ALDL data
and recorded error codes, certain peak values like O2
millivolts, etc., in a self contained unit. They
don't give as much info as the PC (laptop) based
systems, but they're much more convienent and make
a good suppliment to the more capable systems. I
assume this new one will be similar, might be of
interest to some of you here.

rgds,
-phil