cheap obd2 scanner

Paul Blackmore paul at blacky.co.nz
Wed Aug 29 19:30:52 GMT 2001

I am currently in the final stages of building a FREE (that's real cheap) OBD-II
SAE J1850 VPW (GM only) scan code reader for a laptop computer.

When I say it's FREE I mean 100% free, there is no hardware interface to
purchase or build. I have created a 100% software driver for Microsoft
Windows(r) that reads the VPW signal directly into the laptop's serial port. All
you need is two wires.

This announcement may be a little premature, there are still teething problems
but I am pretty confident that I will be able to request and display trouble
codes.

I intend to make it freely available.

Cheers
Paul Blackmore