DIY WB on EEC list

sapearso at rockwellcollins.com sapearso at rockwellcollins.com
Thu Aug 30 04:30:09 GMT 2001

It's probably not a big deal, as several have mentioned that this is not a
commercial project, but an educational one, and a hobbiest toy. It would
have been a nice gesture though, to have asked if anyone cared if it was
posted to another group.

I do agree with Shannen, if this is going to become an open sales to anyone
who wants it, we shouldn't expect the people who are obtaining the boards
and shipping them to do it forever for free. Not to say that this is any
more work than designing the thing, but when you're designing a DIY
project, you can quit for a while and no one says much. If someone orders a
board, they'll keep bugging you until they get it. If this is going to be
an ongoing thing, there should be some guidelines set. Should it be limited
to those on the list? Should there only be so many produced? Should people
have to pass a test to buy it? There could be any number of ways to handle
this, some even crazier ideas may come up. Maybe this is something that
should be discussed at the upcoming powwow.

Just my $.02

Scott