commercial use

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Aug 30 08:15:16 GMT 2001

Bruce wrote:

> It's not the engineering guys that are the problem at GM.
> It's the clowns in marketing that have no idea what to build, or who the
> market is.

The problem is also the bean counters that made the engineers put the
same wheels on both sides of the current Grand Am.  On the left side,
the wedge shaped spokes are cutting through the air knife edge first.
On the right side (because it is the same wheel), the wedges are moving
blunt edge first!  Way back in 1986, we observed that a coworker's Acura
Integra had different wheel castings on each side - so that the
asymmetric design would be turning "forwards".